Memo for the learning student”Rules for writing reviews for a film, a novel”
Review is just a analysis that is critical evaluation of any artwork, movie.
Steps to make an assessment on a novel
- 1. Read carefully and reread the writing.
- 2. Think about the questions:
- How was the written book read?
- Just How might it be sensed by other readers?
- What’s the theme for the work?
- What is his primary idea?
- So what does the author convince us?
- How exactly does the writer lead us to these conclusions?
- Who are the heroes associated with guide?
- What exactly are their aspirations, deeds, figures?
- What connection do they will have with visitors?
- What’s the artistic originality regarding the book?
- How can it be built?
- What exactly is her tongue?
- Just What do you find unusual and bright into the language?
- 3. What exactly is your evaluation that is overall of book?
- What exactly is in this work of value, brand new?
- What, perhaps, isn’t convincing sufficient? Not entirely effective?
- 4. Answer the responses to these questions within the review in accordance with the plan.
Policy for reviewing the guide
Policy for reviewing the written book comes with:
- 1. Date of publication associated with ongoing work(with regards to had been written or posted).
- 2. Reputation for creation, the style regarding the work.
- 3. Genre peculiarity regarding the work.
- 4. The plot and composition of the work (what exactly is this work, title its main events; note the string, the culmination, the denouement, the role regarding the epilogue as well as the epigraph (when there is).)
- 5. Topics (as described when you look at the ongoing work) customwritings™, exactly what topics are moved into the work.
- 6. The difficulties (which problems, questions) are addressed when you look at the work, are they important, exactly why are they being considered by the author.
- 7. Characteristics of this primary artistic pictures (names, bright options that come with look, social situation, life philosophy, views on the globe, relations with other heroes,experiences, emotions, what problem/problems is connected with this hero).
- 8. The theory and pathos of the ongoing work( just what the writer desired to say, their view for the writer in the issues involved, exactly what he calls).
- 9. Place of operate in the writer’s work (can it be essential strive to comprehend the author’s imagination, it possible to judge by this work about the writer’s style, his worldview) whether it reflects the main themes and problems in his work, is.
- 10. The spot regarding the ongoing operate in the annals of literature (whether this tasks are significant for Russian literature plus the world page trips, why).
- 11. Your impression associated with the ongoing work(I liked/did in contrast to, why).
The conditional scheme of contrast of the heroes associated with work:
- – Features of the portrait traits: the way the character characterizes the look, clothing, etc.;
- – Origin;
- – genealogy and family history, generic and characteristics that are individual
- – faculties regarding the character, habits;
- – Expressive details;
- – Education, a type of knowledge;
- – Speech attribute;
- – capacity to internal dialogue, self-analysis;
- – The ratio regarding the hero to individuals;
- – Attitude of those around into the hero;
- – How the hero manifests himself when you look at the situation of preference;
- – how can the smoothness change through the entire work.
Plan for the analysis associated with the work that is dramatic
- 1. Time for the publication and creation associated with the play.
- 2. The spot occupied within the playwright’s work.
- 3. The theme associated with the play in addition to representation with it of a certain material that is vital.
- 4. Actors and their grouping.
- 5. Conflict of the dramatic work, its originality, the degree of novelty and sharpness, its deepening.
- 6. The growth of dramatic action and its particular period. The exposition, the plot, the vicissitudes, the culmination, the denouement.
- 7. Composition regarding the play. The role and importance of each work.
- 8. Dramatic figures and their relationship to action.
- 9. Speech characteristic regarding the characters. Relationship of character and words.
- 10. The part of dialogues and monologues within the play.
- 11. Identification associated with the writer’s place. The part of remarks in drama.
- 12. Genre and visible originality of this play. Correspondence associated with genre to authorial preferences and preferences.
An approximate arrange for characterizing the artistic image (character).
Introduction. Host to the type within the system of pictures for the work.
Principal component. Characteristic.
- 1. Social and product situation.
- 2. External look.
- 3. The peculiarity associated with the world and worldview perspective, the circle of mental passions, inclinations, practices:
- a) the nature regarding the activity plus the life that is basic;
- b) impact on other people.
- 4. Part of emotions:
- A type that is) of to others;
- b) options that come with inner experiences.
- 5. Author’s attitude towards the character.
- 6. What options that come with the hero’s personality are revealed into the work:
- a) with the help of a portrait;
- b) within the author’s characteristic;
- c) through the characterization of other actors;
- d) with the help of biography or history;
- ag e) via a string of actions;
- g) within the speech characteristic;
- h) through environmental surroundings.
The final outcome. What public problem led the author to generate this image.