For those of you who have been following Lorraine’s Miami Diet you will have seen this morning how brilliant it has worked for their three participants. Two lost a stone each and the other nearly two and all lost loads of inches across their bodies in just one month.
It was great to see how much more confident they all were especially the lady who will be 50 shortly – she looked stunning and we wish her a great birthday celebration.
Like two of these, many people suffer from eating when life gets stressful – I too am guilty of that !
So if you too want to follow the plan ready to get into your swimsuit for your holiday – it’s not too late – just click on the link below and get started.
They have some good experts on board with great advice and here are some if them….
Their chef Dean Edwards’ plan is an example of how to mix up his recipes day by day to keep your calorie intake under control but to also keep yourself energised for your workouts.
Get Dean’s weekly food plan
This is an example of how to choose your meals from the recipes each day. You don’t have to have everything in the same order during all four weeks, just use this as a guideline of how to manage your meals!
Dean’s diet tips:
- Feel free to switch recipes about but keep lunch recipes as lunch as there are carbs you want to stay away from in your evening meal
- Dinner recipes can be eaten for lunch
- Try to cook in bulk and double up recipes – that way you can freeze down portions for a later date, so you are not always cooking
- The lunch recipes are ideas, so feel free to swap for light salads with lean meat or fish but definitely stay away from processed foods. This is essential.
- If you can stay away from bread and dairy products as much as possible this will make a big difference, especially in the last week
- Water is the first thing that should pass your lips in the morning- aim to drink 2-3 litres a day. Get a 500ml bottle which you can fill up and see how much you are drinking. Coffee / green tea do count towards this but try to drink 2 litres of pure filtered water a day
Want to look as good as Michelle Heaton? Print out her exercise plan, stick it on your fridge and you’ll be well on your way!
Michelle’s plan takes you through each day of the week, suggesting circuit or cardio exercises – or a rest when it’s needed. The idea is to repeat the plan over four weeks – but you don’t have to do the exercises in the same order each week, mix them up as you see fit!
Here are some of her top tips for losing weight the healthy way as well as her favourite healthy snacks.
14 ways to keep on track
1. Never skip meals.
2. Eat every 2.5-3 hours – it keeps your metabolism going.
3. Try to drink 2-3 litres of water a day.
4. Try to work out 5 days a week for around 45/50 minutes at a time. If you don’t have time do two mini 20 minute workouts a day.. It’s even better for you than one big one!
5. Always be prepared and have healthy snacks ready in your bag, such as nuts, carrot sticks, humus, protein bars, etc.
6. If going out for a meal, search for the menu online and look for the healthiest option so you are not stuck on the night.. and always ask for dressing on the side! That’s what adds the calories.
7. Do your cardio exercises after weights.
8. Carbs are not the enemy. They give your body energy and fuel for the day so have them early and the right type of carb. Oats, brown rice, sweet potato and wholegrain bread are best.
9. But don’t eat white carbs! At all! They send your sugar levels skyrocketing and that’s what makes you store fat. Swap them for brown carbs or sweet potatoes. And don’t eat any after your mid-afternoon snack.
10. Try to stick to no more than 1-2 pieces of fruit a day. It’s full of sugar – yes natural sugar – but your body will store it as fat if it’s eaten late at night! Berries are the best fruit to eat for weight loss. If you are having fruit, have it earlier in the day.
11. Pack your plate with green veg! It’s full of fibre and vitamins and most green veg contain so little calories that you burn more calories actually eating them!
12. Flavour your food with spices and herbs, not fattening sauces or oils.
13. Avoid sports drinks when doing exercise as they will blunt your body’s ability to burn fat
14. Have ONE treat meal a week. Enjoy!
Michelle’s favourite snacks
Michelle says: “I always eat every 2.5-3 hours. I never skip meals or snacks as it slows the metabolism down if you leave long periods between meals. Here are my favourite low-calorie snacks”.
- A protein bar (try keep it under 200 calories and check sugars content, making sure it’s below 3/4g per bar)
- A protein shake (again one that’s under 200 cals made with water, not milk)
- Cucumber and tomatoes with low fat cottage cheese
- A handful of almonds
- No added sugar jam or no added sugar peanut butter or extra light cream cheese on celery
- Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of no added sugar jam and a teaspoon of no added sugar peanut butter
- A piece of fruit
- Frozen berries blended with a scoop protein powder, ice and water.
- Three no added salt rice cakes with either low fat cottage cheese and chives, ham (thinly sliced) with low fat cottage cheese or no added sugar peanut butter
Want to get started just click on the link below…
, Losing Weight
, Miami Diet